Worthing Raiders is the 1st XV of Worthing Rugby Club playing in National Division Two South. The Raiders were runners-up to Henley Hawks in the National League 2 South 2012–13 season and qualified for a play-off against the runners-up of National League 2 North, Stourbridge winning 28 – 26. In doing so, the club became the first club from Sussex to play in the third tier of English rugby
1920 – 2020
In a first floor room at York House, Worthing, on a late summer’s evening in 1920, a group of young men met because of their common sporting interest. Many had started their education at Worthing’s old Steyne School (now the Chatsworth Hotel) and had gone away to public schools. They returned to the town determined to continue playing the game of rugby.
At 8pm on Friday, 10th September the small group gathered in the flat in Marine Parade overlooking the sea. A light breeze blew gently over the sand.
It had been a fine, warm day but a slight chill in the air reminded those present that the rugby season was approaching.
They unanimously approved the first item on the agenda, “that a rugby football club should be formed in the town and should be known as The Worthing Rugby Football Club.” Its object was “the furtherance of amateur rugby football on the South Coast.”
Worthing RFC ‘Centenary Business Club’
- 3,000mm (long) x 1000mm (deep) alupanel 1st-XV pitch-side, pitch-facing perimeter advertising billboard
- ‘Centenary Champion’ Worthing RFC Membership
- Bi-monthly professional services business networking seminar events, including refreshments, at the rugby club
- Marketing at any time, exclusively to the ‘Community Business Network’, by private e-mailings across our wide business databases
- These use our official Worthing RFC emailing template, ensuring welcome reception from an authentic, familiar and friendly source, and achieving maximum openings because of that trust. They are emailed to our general business database as well as to all members of the Worthing RFC Business Club network. It will also be shared via our social media channels. So, it is positioned in the public domain
- Company logo will be featured, on the ‘Business Club’ page, in the official electronic match-day programme for every 1st-team HOME fixture
- Company literature, brochures, fliers, A4 poster, business cards and other points-of-sale can be strategically displayed within the clubhouse
- Submit an offer for publication in the monthly Worthing RFC Savings emailing, which is circulated to club email database
- Your logo, company profile and hyperlink will be featured on the club’s official website, maximising SEO (www.worthingrfc.com)
- Exposure via Jeremy Ramsden’s personal LinkedIn account
- Exposure via Clair Ramsden’s personal LinkedIn account
- 2x transferrable season tickets for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons
- Use of the ‘Worthing RFC’ crest and action-shot images in any of your marketing and promotional material including your website
- Use of our clubhouse and its facilities for business and private functions (subject to availability)