By Comments Off on Guest presenter at the Richmond Networking event|
The November Richmond Business Club networking event will be held at The Pillars Restaurant at the Claude Littner Business School at the University of West London. More details of this exquisit venue can be found here
We will be joined by Richard Woods of Yomp Marketing and BBC’s current series The Apprentice for an evening of informal networking and presentations from both Richard Woods and members of the Richmond Business Club
If you are interested in joining us please see the Eventbrite link which has all the booking and venue details.
ABOUT RICHARD WOODS
Richard Woods, is an entrepreneur, speaker and author based in Surrey, England. He has a serious obsession for Entrepreneurship, Design and Digital Marketing.
He thinks of entrepreneurship as a sport which if you train hard at and have some natural talent for, with enough blood sweat and tears it will pay off
He runs a large portfolio of businesses including:
– A Digital Marketing Agency Yomp Marketing www.yompmarketing.com,
– A Videography, Audio and Photography Company Yomp VAP www.yompvap.com
– An oil distribution business Top Up Fuels www.topupfuels.co.uk
– A Property / Asset Management Business Yomp Consultancy.
His latest company to launch is The Digital TrailBlazer www.digitaltrailblazer.co.uk, which aims to help small service sector businesses rapidly grow using cutting edge marketing techniques.
He is a frequent speaker at large business events, trade shows and seminars.
He is a Candidate upon The Apprentice, Series 11 (2015)
He proudly studied ‘Business with Entrepreneurship’ at Southampton Solent University and received a first class hons for his final dissertation ‘Is there a link between Dyslexia and Entrepreneurship’.
Outside of business he has a love of rugby and will also be found on many a weekend half way up mountains hiking / climbing, with his brother and business partner Tim Woods and father Dennis Woods.
He is 32 years old and based in Surrey, England. Married to Cara Woods, Son Mylo Woods plus one on the way.
You can keep in touch with Richard upon his Blog, YouTube and Twitter
RICHARD WOODS FAQ’s
1. Q – Did both you and your brother Tim attend Southampton Solent? If so was it at the same time and what course did he do?
A – Yes Tim did Business Management at same time, plus we do both played in the university rugby team and lived together.
2. Q – For your final dissertation you wrote about the links between dyslexia and entrepreneurship, why did you choose this topic?
A – I am heavily dyslexic and passionate about the benefits of having it – i.e outside of box thinking, creativity, problem solving, verbal communication skills
3. Q – What have you done since graduating (could you confirm when you graduated?)
A- 2005 graduated – set up 4 businesses. Rapidly grown them. Regularly talk at large business events. Had a wonderful family (son Mylo and one on the way in December)
4. Q – What have been your business highlights to date?
A – Marketing campaign of the year 2014. Awards for online business innovation in the US. Involved in the ‘City deal of the year’ award. Worked upon the McDonalds London Olympics marketing
5. Q – Did you always want to work for yourself, if so why?
A – The course I went on was for Entrepreneurship as I knew I wanted to run my own business. I knew this because I grew up in an entrepreneurial household and my eye where opened to the possibilities business can bring you.
6. Q – What made you apply for The Apprentice?
A – I was ready to test myself against the best and under the scrutiny of one of my idols Lord Sugar
7. Q – What talents/skills will be bringing to the challenge?
A – Sales, Marketing, Strategy, Confidence, Business Experience, Creativity and Charm.
8. Q – What advice/top tips do you have for budding entrepreneurs?
A – There is never a perfect time to take the leap into running your own business, but in the global connected economy we all find ourselves in, there has never been a better time. – If you have a desire and you like hard work, jump in with both feet.
9. Q – Who are your business/entrepreneurial inspirations?
A – My Father Dennis Woods